Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2015

RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER: THE MUSICAL


The original television classic comes to life for two shows at the Thrasher-Horne Center on Sunday, December 13th!
The beloved TV classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer soars off the screen and onto the main stage at the Thrasher-Horne Center this holiday season. Come see all of your favorite characters from the special including Santa and Mrs. Claus, Hermey the Elf, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, Clarice, Yukon Cornelius and, of course, Rudolph, as they come to life in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical!
It's an adventure that teaches us that what makes you different can be what makes you special. Don't miss this wonderful holiday tradition that speaks to the misfit in all of us. Based on the animated television special, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and the stage production directed and conceived by Jeff Frank and First Stage. Script adaptation by Robert Penola. All elements © and ™ under license to Character Arts, LLC.
The score includes favorite holiday songs such as Silver and Gold, Holy Jolly Christmas, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Arrangements and orchestrations by Timothy Splain.  
Lines you’ll recall
“If I live to be 100, I'll never forget that big snow storm a couple of years ago. The weather closed in and, well you might not believe it, but the world almost missed Christmas. Oh, excuse me, call me Sam. What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen a talking snowman before?” Sam the Snowman
“My name is all wrong. No child wants to play with a Charlie-In-The-Box, so I had to come here.” Charlie-in-the-box
“Why am I such a misfit? I am not just a nitwit. You can't fire me, I quit. Seems I don't fit in.” Hermey the Elf
“Peppermint! What I've been searching for all my life! I've struck it rich! I've got me a peppermint mine! Wahooooo!” Yukon Cornelius
“When someday, you return to Christmas Town, would you tell Santa about our homeless toys? I'm sure he will find little boys and girls who will be happy with them. A toy is never truly happy until it is loved by a child.” King Moonracer
“Whoever heard of a skinny Santa? Eat. Eat!” Mrs. Claus
“Well, this is it. The storm won't subside by tonight. We - we'll have to cancel Christmas.” Santa Claus
“Now don't worry about your nose, son. Just get out there and do your stuff. Remember, you're my little buck.” Donner
“Rudolph, I promise. As soon as this storm lets up, I'll find homes for all those misfit toys.” Santa Claus
Broadway at the Thrasher-Horne Center
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical is the first show of The Broadway Season at the Thrasher-Horne Center. There will be two performances on Sunday, December 13th. The first will be at 1:30 p.m. and the second will begin at 4:30 p.m. Get your tickets.
The Broadway Season will feature five more great shows including Ragtime, Always… Patsy Cline, Annie, Saturday Night Fever, and the Northeast Florida Premiere of Once. Subscriptions are on sale now on the Thrasher-Horne Center’s website.
How to subscribe.
1. Choose your subscription package.
2. Choose your showtimes: Performance #1 or Performance #2
3. Customize your subscription!

The following benefits are available for all subscribers:
Subscriber Special: Save 20% on Tickets to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical!
Easy Ticket Exchange: Exchange your tickets for free between performances of the same show or exchange your tickets for a different show within the subscription series!
Flexible Payment Plans.
First opportunity to renew the same seats for next season or request an upgrade.
Free ticket replacement should you lose or misplace your tickets.
Buy additional tickets for Broadway shows before they become available to the general public.
Two ways to order! Call or visit the Thrasher-Horne Center Box Office: (904) 276-6815 or order online. Subscription package discount is equal to or greater than one ticket at regular price. It's like getting one show free! As with all live performances, artists, dates and times are subject to change.
Consider becoming a Thrasher-Horne Center Member to receive additional benefits along with your subscription!
---
In this post, I’ve written about the upcoming performance of Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical, at the Thrasher-Horne Center on December 13th. The first show will begin at 1:30 p.m. and the second will begin at 4:30 p.m. I’ve also written about the upcoming Broadway Season at The Thrasher-Horne Center.
If you enjoyed this blog post, please share it. The Google Plus button is below, along with buttons for other social media.  
Spread the word about one of Northeast Florida’s best kept secrets! Tell your family and friends about the Thrasher-Horne Center. They will appreciate learning about what they have been missing.
We appreciate you taking the time to visit us. If you have a comment about this article, leave it in the comments section below.

6 comments:

  1. It's great to see some family-friendly entertainment just in time for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Theatre has always been something I enjoyed and this is my favorite Christmas show of all.... A must see for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an inspiring tale. That's why it has endured. It will be a great show at the Thrasher-Horne Center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of my favorite shows during the holidays when I was growing up. I know my son loves it as well. Every child should get to experience this show. It will provide fond memories for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great introduction to theatre for the kids (of all ages)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Christmas story!!! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete